Jacob had a father’s wound that was as a result of his father planning to exclude him from his blessings. That’s the story for some of us, we are wrestling with Daddy wounds like;
- An absent dad who never was available to love and affirm you.
- A dad who rejected you and walked away on you. For some a dad who refused to take responsibility.
- Those raised by a single mum’s and have never had a father figure in their lives.
- Passive dads who declined to be involved in their children’s lives emotionally, financially or physically.
- Abusive dads – emotionally, physically or sexually.
Instead of a blessing you got a wound or a curse. Or your wound is from a controlling or a perfectionist dad who never said once “well done!”
Whatever your father wound is, there is hope. You have a father in heaven who wants to bless you.
Jesus came here to introduce us to his father (God). Jesus is our elder brother and we are co-heirs. We see this on the book of Mark 1:9-11.
…” Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”…
Whom I love: I love you unconditionally. It is my decision; it is not about you. This gives you security and acceptance. God loves you.
With you I am well pleased:, I approve of you. I affirm you and validate you. I am proud of you. I know you can, I have faith in you that you will make it. I am cheering you on. I am smiling at you and always will.
God always believes in you.
Every child needs 3 things from dad, or else he/she will spend a lifetime searching for them:
- A sense of belonging.
- Unconditional love and acceptance.
- Validation or approval.
In spite of your dad experience, your heavenly father meets all your needs. That voice at Mark 1: 9-11 was not just for Jesus. It is for you. Receive it. Accept the blessing.